We're giving away the Reno Instagrammys 2016 scholarship this fall! The InstaGrammys team wants to make sure we do our part in ensuring that those underrepresented in the artistic community can pursue their creative, intellectual and personal growth goals. The deserving recipient of the Reno InstaGrammys scholarship will be awarded on October 8th at the Pioneer Center for Performing Arts where their photo essay will also be displayed.
This year's scholarship funds have been provided by the generous, creative + community driven Strange Bikinis located in Reno, Nevada
WHO CAN APPLY:
Any student from an underrepresented group pursuing an undergraduate degree in the arts at Truckee Meadows Community College or the University of Nevada, Reno.
From one of the underrepresented backgrounds below:
- Hispanic American or Latin American
- African American
- Native American or Alaska Native
- Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander
- Bicultural (claims heritage to one of the above populations in the United States)
- Persons with Disability
- Economically or Socially Challenged
HOW TO APPLY:
- The applicant must submit a photo essay of five to ten photos that tell their unique story as an underrepresented group.
- Answer the question, "What life experiences have shaped who you are today and what challenges have you overcome in your pursuit of an education in the arts?" in 300 words or less.
- All submissions must be sent to email@example.com no later than August 31, 2016 to be considered.
- The winner must be available on October 8th to accept the scholarship at the Reno Instagrammys awards show.